I am constantly thinking of food! how to stop it?

JOSEPH

Hey everyone, I am new on this forum and this is my first post :) So I am only 18 years old male and I have a real problem related to food. I literally cannot stop thinking about it and its way out of a normal thing I guess. I am constantly thinking about it 24/7 and it seems that I have tried everything to stop it, nevertheless it is useless. I am tired, frustrated and I this is my biggest wish: to STOP already thinking about it. I am sorry if I bother you saying this but I want to make sure that you understand how bad my problem is. As you can imagine I am a little bit on the heavy side and more than a little bit over weight even though I am always trying to have healthy meals, every day and everywhere. It does not seem to help me at all since whenever I am eating a meal I am always in urge of having the second meal, the third and so on. Clearly, I have an obsession with food which is not a good sign at all. I always try to have only one meal and to limit myself with it, constantly saying in my mind that I am full, I am not hungry, that I already have eaten and I do not need no more. However I understand that I am just lying to myself and I truly want to get up and to get more and more food. Because of this problem of mine I cannot lose weight! Despite all my every day exercises, football playing and all sorts of diets I have tried I cannot lose a pound. Is here anyone who can help me? What can I do to STOP thinking about the damn food already? I will try any ideas you will give me! I am ready to do anything you say just to have my mind off the food and to lose at least some weight. Thank you all! :)

MBernic

Hello there Joseph,

It really sounds that you might have the beginnings of compulsive overeating disorder so you should get an appointment at a doctor specialized in this field and you are likely to get some help. Many people are suffering this due to their low self-esteem, do you have this problem? If it so then I recommend you to change your point of view first. Also I recommend you to search some books for weight loss, they might help you, making you see food only nutritional and not want to keep eating it. They also have good diets and tips for exercising. It's all about changing your lifestyle, you can get some activities or that are making you forget about food. You may also have a vitamin/mineral deficiency caused by over eating processed foods. Fat and proteins is satisfying and signals the brain to stop eating. If you have low self-esteem then you seek for a relief in satisfying yourself by eating, if not then it may be a physical problem. However, as I already said you should seek out a nutritional therapist to say precisely from where your problem is coming from. I'm sorry, other information I cannot provide you at the moment. Hope that at least this is going to help you.

Best wishes and be healthy!

tameeka

Hello Joseph, I agree with MBernic but I have an alternate option. You are young and you are in that period of your life when your body is growing. 18 years old and you said that you're doing exercises every day, play football and other. It seems that you have a pretty active life and that may be the cause why you're constantly thinking of food. Think about it, it may be that your body really needs a lot of foods in this period. You're growing, you're doing exercises, your muscles need it to grow when you're working out. To lose those pounds in excess you should cut off the sweets and junk foods from your diet. Everything else is going to form your body if you're really working out. In my opinion as long as you're eating only healthy food such as fruits, veggies, lean proteins and whole grain you won't get fat but muscular. Also I think that you're going to stop from growing if you're going to force yourself to starve. Healthy and regular meals are the key. If you're going to stop all your activities your body won't need so much food as it is doing now but I won't recommend you to do that. Anyway, the person who wrote above is right: go see a nutritional therapist and see what he's going to say. Good luck with this

Patrick LBS

Well, I can give you an advice and then let me explain it to you why it sounds so simple but I think that it is going to be so efficient. In my opinion you just should drink tea and lots of water and make yourself walk more. Why is that? When you're out of the house you're staying away from the kitchen more and also you avoid commercials on TV. TV itself is making you to think more about food. You're doing nothing but watching it and in additional you see there commercials of food. I know you can say that out of your house there are also commercials of food BUT you can take a walk in places without commercials such as parks. In this way you will control what you watch and this is going to be excellent for your problem because commercials send a lot of signals to people about food. What I'm trying to say is that since we are all young we have been seeing commercials and have had these same fast foods in our lives for example McDonald's with big and beautiful commercials but unhealthy food. You have to learn to play tricks on yourself. You may think that all this is bull**it but trust me it is not. I had the same problem and I'm still in process now. I still need to lose some pounds but I already lost about 90 pounds. Fight with this and I'm sure you're going to make it! And of course, besides this you should have healthy meals with veggies and fruits. Good luck man, you're going to make thru it!