I don't have any emotions any more!

Hanran

I'm having this problem and I don't understand why. I don't have any emotions any more for about few months and this is driving me crazy because it makes me feel like I'm a bad person. I really don't know what to do about it but I just simply can't change this. I start to worry all the time about this because I have absolutely no feelings when something is happen, I mean something bad can happen but I just don't care. I have no emotions and no feelings for anyone. Nothing surprises me any more and I can't get upset on anything. No one can do something so I can get upset on him or her. Is this a sign that I'm a sick person? Maybe I'm just that bad as a person? This is happening continuously and it doesn't matter how hard I try to pretend that I care, I just don't. I do suffer from stress, anxiety and depression and I think that this is the root of my problem or I don't really know. Do I need to see a psychologist? Is there anyone else who is having the same problem? Or maybe someone knows what is going on and what do I need to do now? Please help, I start thinking that this is going to be like that all my life and I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life without reaching happiness....

dontdoit

I have got the same problem and I really don't know what is going on! I just want to say thank you for letting me know that I'm not alone with this, even if I see that there are others with this problem I still consider myself weird and to be honest a really bad person, I really would change this but I can't because I just don't care... it is so hard to explain for those who don't have it. I guess I will end up being totally alone with no friends and no family because of this. My family is going through really harsh times now, really bad things happened but I just don't care about that and I cannot understand why I'm acting this way? I had a boyfriend, when he left me I was like "so?". He was shocked, he left me because "we were having very little sex". Later I found out that the cheated on me and again I didn't have any single emotion about that. I have seen other girls how they react when their boyfriends cheat on them... OK you may say that I just don't love him, but why I'm acting this way with my family? Also one of my friends was nearly dying but I just was sitting there watching having no emotion. This is crazy! Truly crazy! A lot of bad things happened but I don't care... Recently I have posted about my depression and it seems that this is a late stage of depression, or I don't know... A lot of things changed

Caitlyn8989

Well, this is a similar story to mine so I do know very well what you are talking about. I don’t really can help you but I’m here telling you that you’re not alone and maybe this will support you at least a little bit. I hope that you will be fine with time, as I did. I know all this because I went through a hard period in my life when I was a teenager. For a couple of full years I was really depressed and nothing could help me. I was constantly crying, feeling depressed and nothing could make me happy. I remember that I was sleeping very little time and it was horrible. So… I finally got out of that horrible stage but another one came. The total emotionless me appeared. I was feeling the exact same way as you do, I mean that nothing could make me angry or sad or something like that. Nothing could make me happy either. I was totally emotioneless. With time I started to realize that something is wrong with me and later I felt like a really bad person because of this thing. The point is that I’m a female and I am supposed to be very emotional and so on but I wasn’t. Besides that I was completely careless. I guess that the words “I don’t care” were my favorites during those times. Now, I’m on anxiety medications for few years and I’m doing pretty well. I cannot say that I’m feeling perfect but it is much better than before. That’s because I’m still not very emotional but I still can have a good cry if something happens or a good laugh if it’s really funny. I guess a good part of me died during my depression, due to that thing (I guess) I’ve just made myself numb during those emotionless times (and a part of that still exists inside of me). I’ve done it unconscious because I was afraid of going back to the depression and suffering so much once again. I’m still not sure why I was acting and why I was doing it but… Anyway, I’m sure that you’ll be just fine, I guess that this stage will go away but it needs some time. Good luck to you and be HAPPY! :)

gocowboys12

I really don’t consider that something evil is going on with you as it is also happening to me. I do know that this isn’t right but I don’t consider myself a bad person for feeling this way. Everybody is different and everybody is going through different things individually. In my opinion, such people like you and me are only feeling way too much that we should have and all this is overwhelming so, our body and mind is activating a similar thing to a shield that protects us from being overwhelmed. In this way, protecting us, we are people with no emotions but in fact we are those who are having way too much emotions, I think. I don’t think that we can find somebody who turned off their emotions (this happens automatically, without wanting it) who didn’t suffered a lot in their lives. Well, the exact same thing is happening to me right now. I understand that this is wrong  but whenever people are talking about global problems (for example the recent german plane crash) I cannot really relate to them, I can’t relate to any of them. I don’t really care about my future, about my goals, health other people and so on. I am feeling like an alien who doesn’t have any motivation and any interest in anything. When I was younger I had a lot of emotional trauma so I assume that my body and mind could not resist it anymore so without knowing about it, I turned off my feelings and emotions. Now, I have no control about it.

Anyway, I know that a lot of you who are having this is thinking about anti depressants but I suggest you to take care with them and to try to avoid them. that’s because they would make you to react differently how you’re usually doing it and with time it can change your thoughts and your entire personality. However, if you think that it would be better, then you can try it out. Having the same feeling as I do, like I am an alien, it is pretty hard to contact with other people, I know… do not think yourself as a bad person, we’re just a type of people who are more sensitive in a though world.