If he ejaculates inside while on birth control

Arame

Hey everyone, I am wondering if someone can help me. Well, my doctor prescripted me a birth control pill with the name of Althea due to my prolong menstruation. I know that it is a 21 cycle birth control and contraceptive pill, but I would like to know how effectively it can protect me from an unplanned pregnancy. My boyfriend is willing to ejaculate inside already long enough time so I was thinking that I can give him this opportunity while I am on the pill. I have heard that it is going to work after 7 days of taking the pills, but I am not sure and that's why I am wondering whether it is to be safe if he ejaculates inside. Is this true? I want to ask this question especially to those women who already gave a try to this birth control with name Althea. Some personal, non-commercial experience is going to be deeply appreciated.

halseara

any type of oral birth control takes minimum a week for it start working and to give you at least some protection for an unplanned pregnancy. until then you should use a condom during sex and remember that pull out method isn't a protection method. it doesn't matter the day you take it, you might drink it on your first day of your period it still takes a week to work properly. however best safe for it is in few months. your body does take these few months to get used to the pill you're taking. you can get weight gain, headaches, spotting or bloating and many other symptoms. all they are perfectly normal so you shouldn't be worry or take them as pregnancy signs. in your case, as you know, althea is a 21 cycle birth control pill and it is highly effectively in protecting you from an unplanned pregnancy. BUT only if you're taking the pill daily without missing anyone. it's very good that you've decided to inform yourself before doing something. many brands and even many posts on the internet are providing people with wrong information so i hope that you'll take in consideration my words. i'm not a doctor nor a professional but i do have a friend that is taking this althea birth control for some time and she says that it's pleased with it's effects. never got pregnant even though her boyfriend ejaculated inside every time they had sex. take care

MBernic

Ladies just read the instruction written on the brand of birth control you're using or ask a doctor about that. I'm pretty sure he will give you the same answers as written on the instructions set. If you will take your pill as prescribed you don't have to worry about getting pregnant because that is what the pill does, it prevents you from getting pregnant. Of course there's not a 100% protection, however it does a pretty good job to prevent pregnancy when you follow the instructions. However, the best protection method for an unwanted pregnancy is abstaining but I guess we don't have to talk about this. There is also the protection of the pill and condom combination for safety if you're really afraid of getting pregnant because remember, if you allow him to ejaculate there, there is a chance you can get pregnant. BUT as I already said, if you take the pill as prescribed these chances are very low. Birth control pills don’t protect you from STDs or infections it just keeps you safe from pregnancy. Other thing is that the pill protects you every single day of the cycle, provided that you took all 21 active pills as prescribed, heeded the warnings listed in the patient insert, and start the next pack on time. Well, I don't know if my information helped you somehow, but I really hope it did because I know that there's a lot of girls asking these questions and using birth controls not as it should be taken. Good luck and take care of you.

Beace

Hello Arame, how are you doing now? Did you found out everything you wanted or no? I just wanted to let you know that I'm also a user of althea pills and for me this brand of birth control is working very well. I can also tell you that this is not only a contraceptive pill but it also regulate your normal menstruation periods. I don't know how it works for other women but for me I assume that it is the best birth control. I think that you should make sure which one of them is the best for you. Anyway, althea birth control must be taken in time in order to be effective. They are a 21-day pill and to be sure that you're perfectly safe you have to finish one pack of 21 days and then wait a little time, best a week and then in the 8th day I assume that you are safe but you should check if you had bleedings or not. However, if you wish to have sex before this time I recommend you to use condoms to be protected. In other cases such as having sex before this time or, and taking the pills incorrect then they won't provide you any protection. I'm using althea for some time already and you can write me and ask something whether you want to know more about it. Feel free any time!

E Billson

Hi. I don’t know much about these pill and my question may seem stupid to someone but please help. I don’t have any other person to whom to talk and the only option I have is to ask my question here on the forum so please just answer my question whoever knows the answer. My girlfriend takes the birth control pills for 4 months. While she was on her second week of taking these bc pills she forgot about them and took a pill 6 hours later than it was scheduled. Later, on her 3rd week of taking the bc pills (which already means this months) she forgot one more time about them and remembered about the pill 12 hours later than it was scheduled. Other than this everything is fine. She took her pills exactly on time and never forgot about them. My question is: is she still protected from being pregnant in case if I ejaculate inside her vagina? A quick response would be awesome! Thank you all in advance and good luck