I'm having an overactive gallbladder

CaitlynNn

Hi people, a girl in need is here and if somebody can help that would be awesome!

Well, my problem started a little less than 3 months ago when I’ve first had gallbladder attacks. Obviously, in the beginning I didn’t know what is wrong with me and what I have, initially I thought that I’m having an ulcer or something, or that my problem is related to stress (and I’m still thinking that it could be related to stress, to be honest).

Later, when I saw that my problem won’t go away I went to the hospital where I had a scan done and the doctors told me that my gallbladder is hyperkinetic and they said that it releases too much bile, they told me 92%. The gastro doc suggested to have my gallbladder removed but I don’t really want it. I have never had a surgery in my life and obviously I would rather never have one.

I’m sure that there’s other option to treat this without having my gallbladder removed so I am here asking those who have ever had this condition what caused your problem and what is the outcome? I understand very well that if there’s nothing else I can do I should have my gallbladder removed but if there is, then please help me. I’m feeling sick for a really long time now and I’m struggling with pains every day but I don’t want the surgery.

In few days I need to talk to a surgeon but I want to be informed prior to talk to him. I would be very glad if someone will advise me something! Thanks for everything!

heyley

Hey there, I also have 91 % of my gallbladder function for few months (since I went to a doctor and I have been diagnosed) but I’m feeling sick for almost one year now. I have pains, high liver function, diarrhea, I’m always feeling dizzy and bloated and plus to everything I have heart burn. My situation is getting worse and worse but I don’t know what should I do. When I’ve been to one doctor he said that 91% isn’t that much and he said that this is normal, however, I’ve been to another doctor just in case and this one said that 91% is too high and I should do something about that. I’ve been once again to the first doctor and told him what thinks the second one but he replied that he knows better. Honestly, I don’t really know what should I think now. It seems crazy. Both of them seemed that they studied and worked in the same country with the same rules and information but they just don’t agree with each other. I’m feeling so sick but I have to run from one place to another and I’m tired. I’m already tired of being sick. I don’t know how much I’m gonna take this. I somehow agree more with the second doctor but I’m not sure. I beg you, if you find out something then please let me know about it too. I’m only 23 years old but it seems that I have so much health problems that I can’t take it anymore. I hope to get better soon otherwise to die than suffering from so much pains. How can a 23 years old female feel so bad even though about 2 years ago everything seemed just perfect? Because of these pains and all my problems I’m being very angry, irritated and so on. I really need to find out what should I do. Please, help, if you find something don't forget to post it here!

James Leftie

I’m a 45 years old male and I’m also suffering from the overactive gallbladder function of 91%. I’ve been feeling sick for the last 2 years and it seems that nothing can treat me. I never thought about posting about this but I’ve seen your post and I got very interested so I decided to let you know that you’re not alone with this problem. Exactly as the poster above said, I also got 2 different answers from 2 different doctors. One said that 91% is pretty ok but the second one said that this is too high. But, I also agree with the poster above and with the second doctor that it IS too high because as I said, I’m feeling sick for the last 2 years, I have pains, constant diarrhea, dizzy, I’m always bloated and I also have heart burn. Oh yeah, and high liver function too. I would really appreciate if somebody posted any RESPONSES about how to treat this because the pains are worse with each day. I’ve done many tests but nothing. I’m sick of feeling sick so much and I’ve already taken too many medicines to list them here but still nothing helps me. Chronic diarrhea symptoms are following me for too long now. I’m somehow scared to have my gallbladder removed especially because I’m not having that strength I have at 20 years old and I’m worried that something might go wrong. I’ll have other tests later, I’ll talk to other doctors as well, and I’ll see if something works out. I will post here again if anything would work for me. Hope we’re all going to get better and God Bless us all.

gallgal4

Hello - Have any of you had resolution with your Hyperactive Gallbladders?  I am in the same boat and still not sure surgery will help (doc says only 50/50 chance it will and those are not good odds!)  Still not convinced it couldn't be something else like Sphincter of Oddi or food allergies, although I cut out pretty much everything from my diet and can't eat a grape sometimes without getting pain!  HIDA Scan twice showed 98% and 87% but no pain during CCK.  Have any of you tried antispasmadics and if so did you take before you ate or after if pain starts?  

Please update your conditions, thanks!

heyley

For me, my condition it is freaking strange. For my doctor either. He was unsure of what should I do so he haven’t done anything. Until I started to notice that my pains are easing. All my conditions started to ease. Exactly as gallgal, I was thinking about having an surgery bcause it was my only chance but thanks god I have done it. I started to notice that my symptoms are lessening but I have had my next appointment next week. When I’ve visited my doctor he was shocked after the results came back. He said that everything’s fine and asked me what have I done. I did nothing but the symptoms have gone. How is that even possible? One sure thing – I haven’t done anything specifically and I’m now fine. that’s strange, but I really hope that the same thing is going to happen with each one of you. I’ve asked my doctor to have another HIDA scan in a couple of weeks and I will have it later. really hope that nothing will change since my last scan.