Implanon removal side effect - no period?

BDM

Recently I've tried new birth control, an implant in the upper arm called Implanon which have similar side effects to birth control "Depo Provera" the shot. I'm worried about my period; I haven't got any after I removed it. It's been a month now since the removal and nothing. I've had post menstrual symptoms like pain and sore breasts, but my breasts were sore while on the implant, and still nothing. Before I took this birth control my period was like a clock and now is completely ruined! I know that it seems like I can be pregnant but it's very unlikely; I did not had sex after removal and always with protection before removal, moreover I took a pregnancy test so the result came back negative. I would like you to exclude the idea of being pregnant from start and focus on real like problem. I personally think it is a side effect, or I don't know yet. I don't know what to do and I'm really worried about getting my period working normally, furthermore is very bad for a woman's health not having her period when she should! Please let me know any information about how long after this birth control removal a period usually comes back. I think there may be some women who used it.

PikachuBzzz

Hey there, I am using the same birth control but I have a different problem. Sorry I can't help you, I don't have any advice on this topic because I am still using Implanon, I didn't removed it yet. I want to wish you good luck and say that hope you will be fine and your period will normalise. Also I really hope I won't have this when I will remove it because it seems that I will soon. I want to join you for some advices for the same birth control. For how long you have got the implant? mine i've got in my arm about 3 weeks ago, but for last week I'm feeling pregnant. I have a daughter already and I have the same feelings as when I was pregnant with her: sore back and sides, always feeling exhausted even if I don't work and my breasts are darker and sore. I don't remember if there were more symptoms but these one I remeber. Or maybe these feelings are cause because of Implanon? Because I've done already 2 pregnancy test and negative result. You could say that I've got pregnant before Implanon but that's highly unlikely since we always used condoms. Women who used Implanon could respond to our both posts please?

Thank you, Candice

BlueEyes81

Hello BDM, I am in a similar situation as you. I had my implanon implant removed about 4 month ago and still no period since then. As you I've done pregnancy test which came out negative and I'm almost 100% sure than I'm not pregnant not just because of the test result, I have been careful. I don't know what this is?? Any help??

Natalie Sanchez

Yes, yes and once again yes! Implanon has this side effect causing no period. I have also implanted Implanon 5 years ago in 2009 and 2 years ago in 2012 I removed it. While I had Implanon I never had a period at all, when I removed it I had tubal ligation as I never wanted to have children, that's why I'm not really concerned about myself, but for women as you who have some questions about it and who would like to have children after its removal. Before I've had the Implanon my periods were regular as clock every 26 to 28 days. Now I get a period somewhere between 2 to 4 months. It seems that this birth control has some very long side effect. It dramatically influences a woman's menstrual cycle so if you plan to get pregnant in the future I do NOT recommend it at all. I'm not an expert, but I think it's very hard getting pregnant after it, however I'm almost sure that if you can do it, then you will have some complications due to the this birth control wide side effects it has. Be careful what you use!

princezz

Well, let me tell you my story: I had the implant in for two and a half years or so. I decided to take it out so after that I got a period about 6 weeks later and the period lasted 7 days, a week. I was concerned if everything is alright so I went to a gynecologist to find it out. He told me that the hormone from the implant should be out of my system within 5 days. My biggest concern now is that its been a little more than two months now since my last period which definitely isn't normal.

It could be possible that I got pregnant because I had unprotected sex lately with my boyfriend but the tests are all negative even though I'm doing about every other day a new test. Now I have only period symptoms like cramps and so on but nothing else but this. I'm frustrated now because I wish I would be pregnant.. I even had symptoms like being pregnant: sore boobs, back ache, nausea all the time and unexplained abdomain pains which lasted for days. Now I regret so much that I didn't read a similar post to yours Natalie before taking this implant. Hope that God is going to help me getting pregnant...

Coode

Hi ladies, can someone help me with the situation I have? I had my implanon in for about two years but I have taken it out a little less than a month ago. Well my period was about to come about a week after the removal but it didn't show up until two days ago. I mean that I have missed my period three weeks and I thought that I'm finally pregnant because I have got some symptoms, to be honest I was experiencing almost all early pregnancy symptoms but now it seems that I was wrong. At first I thought that there is no need to take a home pregnancy test because I was sure that I'm pregnant because of all the symptoms I got. However I went to a local hospital and there the doctor told me that I'm not pregnant. As I said, two days ago I got my period but now it seems that something is wrong with it, my period now is a lot much heavier that I used to know and I experience much pain, moreover I have little black dark colored clots. I don't really know if these are usual symptoms of having the implanon out and that's what I would like to know and ask. To be honest I'm a little scared because of your stories so those who posted I would like to know if you got the same symtoms and the little black dark colored clots. Do I have chances of being infertile?

I don't know if this will help anyone but here is my story and my experience with implanon:

My husband and I had an unplanned by so we had really bad times due to lack of money. I decided that I should take a birth control in order to avoid any other unplanned pregnancy because we wouldn't face it that time. So, after a little research I decided to have this implanon. Well, I had my implant put in a little more than 3 years ago and during all this time I did not have any problems with it, everything was exactly as planned. My periods were normal and they came on every month at the same time, sometimes give or take a day or two but in general everything was just fine. However, my husband and I lately are financially much better than it was so we decided to try for our second baby. Obviously, I had to take out the implant so I had it out a month ago but since then my period didn't show up but he was supposed to come 2 weeks ago. I'm really concerned that something went wrong. Due to no period I assume that I have no ovulation and this means no pregnancy.

Please someone tell me that this is normal and I'm just overthinking about it! If someone has some recommendations for me and knows what should I do then write it here, please.