my boyfriend has MS!

FlyBird

Hello my dear friends, I need your help because I’m very confused I don’t know what to do. Some days ago I have found out that my boyfriend is suffering from MS. He haven’t told me about this and I didn’t know what kind of disease was it. Firstly I thought that it’s nothing serious because he didn’t told me about this, but after some days I understood that he deals with something very serious.

He started to feel bad some weeks ago, and he started to have some symptoms that he has never had before since we are dating. I was quite sure that he has an influence and that’s why he has so many bad symptoms, but after 2 weeks full of weakness and pain he decided to tell me about this. I was shocked because I didn’t expected but soon after this, I was ready, to help him and to support him. It wasn’t comfortable to ask him to tell me more about his disease, that’s why I limited myself to supporting and encouraging. It’s really hard to see him suffering and I would like to do everything in order to help him at least a little bit. Yesterday we laughed a lot; I tried to enjoy him and to make him more positive. It worked for a while until in the late afternoon he started to feel very bad, and I started to feel bad too. He is 25 years old and I feel so bad for his situation. He is too young to suffer and to pass through such things.

Please, help me! This is very important for me and I really would like to know more about the disease, about its symptoms, what to expect and how to help him, thank you in advance and I will be waiting for your responses.

Hodd1969

I suppose that these are some symptoms that comes and goes away but never progress. The positive thing is that it doesn’t progress and that it will never make him feel worse than now.

This is a serious disease you’re right but you have to be sure that nothing will happen to him. If you would like to know about symptoms then you have to know that they vary from person to person. The most important ones are:

-fatigue

- blurring vision

-tingling

-problems with your balance and sometimes mobility

-muscle problems and weakness, tightness.

Some people can have just some of them, at sometimes just one symptom but it can be such an intense one that they aren’t able to support it and to live with it like that. I know a person that have had MS and from the symptoms he have experienced some serious problems with his vision, this made him very vulnerable, he wasn’t able to read and sometimes when the situation was worse he wasn’t able to open his eyes and to look normally. I think that you have to support him and to encourage him the way you did this since the first moment, this is the biggest thing that he needs now, because physical care is something that he already receives. Emotional support is something very important and I like very much the situation in which you decided to make him smile and happy, this is a very important thing. I understand him, and I don’t what to say that he did a bad thing when he decided to keep it in secret, I think that he has some reasons for this. I wish good luck to both of you!