my scrotum is swollen

Scioneir

I have had an inguinal hernia for about a year without me knowing about it. I’m 24 years and I’m in quite good health. Recently I decided to consult a doctor so I was told that I need to have laparoscopic surgery and I had the last week, exactly a week ago. I’ve done it to treat the hernia I had.

The first two days after the operation everything was just fine. I was told that I could have some pains, that is why I expected it so I can say that everything was as planned. However after the 4th day I noticed that my scrotum is too swollen, it was more swollen than before, anyway I thought that this is something normal so I left it so. Now I’m in a week after the surgery and everything seem to be fine besides the thing that I have my left testicle very tender and very sensitive. I can walk, little running and can climb stairs with very little pain, however I can feel this testicular pain from the weight of it when I stand.

My biggest concern started when I have searched about this a little bit and I read that I can have something serious damaging my health. When I told my surgeon about the she said not to worry that much because it is possible that simply the fluids had hardened in my scrotum. I don’t really know what to think about this because my right testicle it is normal sized and I don’t have any pains from it but my left one is swollen.

Could it be caught in one giant mass of fluids as my surgeon said? I would like to know all hints you have for me. And if someone ever had this operation what’s the end of your story?

3TheThird3

Hello Scioneir, do you have any updates? I'm very interested in your post because I just had my surgery done a week ago and I'm really interested how you're doing and how is your process? I got both my left and my right inguinal. My problem seems pretty much the same as yours: right side seem to be fine but the left scrotum is swollen, sore and it look like i have something about this scrotum. Went back to my doctor yesterday and he said that it looks fine, however I'm a little worried because it looks like the hernia lump before the surgery. When I saw how it looks I was so scared and worried that I forgot to ask my doctor how long does this typically last? Does somebody know something? When I got the answer that everything is fine I forgot about everything else and I just calmed myself but I'm look every few minutes at how it looks and I'm getting worried back again more and more. Moreover, I am having a hard time sleeping due to it being so uncomfortable, of course I don't know how you're dealing with it but for me it's hard, maybe because I can't get used to it. It feels like I have a third testicle. I was made aware of an enzyme called Serramend telling me that it supposed to help me out quickly. Is this product as good as said? Somebody ever used it? Thank you for any information

Bourne SS

Swelling and mass in scrotum after hernia surgery was a real problem for me for months. I mean was I was searching all over the internet for some information and I was concerned every day that something can go wrong, I am very glad that it ended up normally. Anyway, guys, I see that you've posted that months ago so I guess I'm a little bit too late, sorry about that, I never seen your post until today. However, I'll post some information hoping that someone who will search something about it will reach my comment and maybe it will help him. Well, as I said, I also had a hernia surgery, after it, I had a pretty nasty swelling in scrotum and a mass formed down there. It was very uncomfortable. TheThird, you’ve said that you had a bad time sleeping because it is uncomfortable, I do understand it very well.

I don’t really know how it is for others or what’s the average time but for it seemed to be taking a very long time to dissolve. I mean months! Doc said that it dissolves by the help of the fluids that are passing there. After that, the doc warned me about an enzyme called Serramend. He said that it is supposed to be good at breaking up and dissolving organic matter – in our situation the swelling. I didn’t wanted to wait anymore so I got some of that enzyme and it dissolved the mass quickly. After that, I can honestly say that Serramend indeed is a good enzyme at dissipating masses and reducing swellings, obviously it can be used on other parts of our body too.

You can ask about this product at a pharmacy or ask your doctor about it. I’m sure that you will find it. I don’t remember very well but I guess that the company who developed the Serramend enzyme I am talking about is called "Health Concerns", but honestly I’m not sure about it. Serramend is for sure. In case you two guys got rid of your problems then I hope this info will help somebody else. Take care

bigboy

Noticed this post and I decided that it might be helpful for those searching info about it: you need to drink lots of cranberry juice, it does help a lot. I have had a right linguinal hernia op and I also got those “swells” after that. the cranberry juice has cleared it very soon and very good, without medications that are possible to give you some side effects. anyway, I have been used to get those “swells” on some occasions in the past so I have learned that they were appeared because I was eating too much salty foods. Explaining it medically, when you’re eating a lot of salty foods then you are most likely to get a fluid retention. This is exactly what happens, I have been eating salty foods so they were causing a fuild retention condition. Now, why cranberry juice? That’s because it is able to flush it out in a natural way. Therefore, what I can recommend you is to stay away from salty foods as much as it is possible and to drink as much cranberry juice as it is possible and I’m sure that in few days you’re going to see the effects. if you’re not then… I guess only docs can help you. good luck people.