my sister experience depression

Sophia

I'm disappointed my sister cannot get rid of depression. Has tried medicines, and other methods to treat depression and still has it. Maybe someone has treated this problem and can share their experience related to this condition.
Any information will be highly appreciated.

Emma9

Hi Sophia
I found certain tips that may help against depression.
However, some of the following tips seem to help me.
1. Get into the routine
2. Set Goals (many people that experience depression feels like can't accomplish anything)
3. Exercise (this may temporarily boost feel-good chemicals called endorphins)
4. Eat Healthy (in case, depression makes you overeat)
5. Get enough sleep (avoid naps and try to go to sleep at the same time every day)
6. Take on responsibilities
7. Challenge negative thoughts (this is the main point that you should try to change)
8. Discuss with a healthcare provider before using any supplements (including fish oil, folic acid, and others)
9. Do something new (push yourself to do something different such as read a book, go to a museum, and others)
10. You should try to get fun
11. Do not use alcohol and other drugs (Substance misuse is common in those who suffer from depression. In any case, these substances may worsen your mental health.)

I think you should tell your sister to try these tips if there are no other methods to treat her depression. Good Luck!

Sophia

Thanks Emma9, I will show my sister this list and we will try to get rid of depression.
I think we should try to consult another psychiatric, maybe it will help to get other new methods to fight against this condition.
Have a nice day!!

Emma9

Sophia if you notice some improvements in your sister's condition, how it was? If you can share the experience and if any of the tips really helped her?