my very young son is masturbating?!?!?!

ChelsJ

I’m a little bit worried for my son, I think that he is masturbating. I know it’s really strange to hear something like that about a 6 years old boy but I really consider that there is something wrong. It started some months ago, 2 or 3 I don’t remember, but I remember that he started to touch his penis and doing the same movements as while a man masturbates. I tried to talk with him to explain that he doesn’t have to do this, but he doesn’t seem to listen to me. It’s seems like he need to do this, he do this 3 times a day, in the morning when he just woke up, in the midday after eating and before going to bed. I feel so ashamed because of him. The teacher from the kindergarten asked me about this and asked me what is this but I couldn’t explain what’s happening. Today I decided to write here about this trying to get some help and to understand what’s going on. Don’t judge me please but I don’t know what happened that he started to do it, I didn’t talked with a doctor about this, I’m really ashamed, first of all I would like to ask here if somebody have ever heard about this and what should I do now? I forgot to say that there is one strange thing that happens to him when he touches himself and this is a moment when his little penis swells a little bit and he become a little bit bigger than the initial size. Can somebody help me, what should I do now in order to finish this thing, I mean, I would like to make him stop doing it. I know that boys often does it, but damn, not at 6 years old, I doubt very much that he realizes what he’s doing.

Heread

I think that this is going to come to an end soon. I didn’t heard about this before but I know very well that this is the time when boys starts to find out more about their bodies and when a boy is 6 years old, he is curious about every single thing, of course you feel worried about this but try to teach him, or maybe to say that if he is going to do this thing, it will hurt himself. As you said, he doesn’t realize what he’s doing, so make him understand. There are a lot of thing that you can invent in order to help him. As soon as your boy will start bathing by his own, it will be a good idea to teach him to clean his penis. This is a very important thing and I think that it good to do something like this. I taught my son to clean his penis when she was 7 years old. He started to bath by his own and he was extremely happy to start this experience, that’s why I knew that this is the right time to tell him how to clean and how to bath correctly. Anyway I would like to say that you don’t have to worry about this, there is nothing to worry about, I think that this is just a curiosity and when he would understand what he’s doing he would stop… at least until he would grow up a little bit.

Scioneir

hey, I agree with the user above, she told everything that you should know about but I would like to add something. First of all you don’t have to feel ashamed or guilty about this. This is not your influence or your mistake, if you’re sure that your son didn’t see something like this before then you can be sure that this is just a curiosity, I mean, I’m sure that you haven’t taught him to do so, or his father, no? This isn’t directly because of you and your child didn’t start to masturbate because of you, I’m nearly sure that he touched his penis, felt the “pleasure” and was curious about what’s that. then he started to do it often, being curious.

Generally I agree that after some time this will end. First of all remember that as long as he doesn’t do this aggressively its okay, he doesn’t hurt himself and this means that there is nothing to worry about. Take care about what he is watching or doing during the day. Sometime you even don’t know that you boy is influenced by somebody else. Maybe your boy uses computer try to look after what he is watching, I have heard that there are some cases when little boys are influenced by their friends that’s why I think that the most important is to control these things. also make sure that he would understand that what he is doing isn’t a thing that everybody should see or know. Try to explain him somehow what it is “masturbation” in general.

tameeka

have you ever thought that maybe he has a urge? I have heard here so many things about masturbating but nobody thought that maybe there is something wrong with his penis. I would like to say that maybe it’s similar to masturbation but have you ever thought that maybe he just feel some itch down there and he’s not masturbating. I know that you can ask him and maybe he will say that no, and that everything it’s okay, this is a case when you have to help him and the better thing is to talk with a doctor. I can’t say that I’m totally sure about this and maybe the other that replied here are right but it doesn’t mean that I am instantly wrong. You can ask your doctor about everything and this way you can be sure that everything it’s okay. Better try to find out why he’s doing it, it is for “pleasure” or he has a problem. know the facts, then you should think how to act.

ChelsJ

thank you everybody and I think that I’ll take under consideration all your opinions as everything can be helpful. I thought about this and I think that I’ll talk to a doctor anyway. Even if there is nothing to worry about I think that this will be the best option, this way I am going to reassure myself that everything its okay. I’m just shocked, I knew that one day I would have to talk about this with him, I knew that maybe I would even catch him doing it, but I definitely didn’t expected to see it now. if it would happen 5-6 years later I wouldn’t say anything but now…