no eye contact

GirlWithRedEyes

3 months ago my mom have had her third baby, and I started to observe that he is 3 months old but he never had a eye contact with us. I’m very scared about this, I have never seen something like this before and I started to think that he’s blind. I talked about this with my mom and she said that she examined him 1 moth ago and everything was okay. I tried so many times to make an eye contact with my little brother but nothing, I have seen that he doesn’t have any eye contact with any of our family members and I still can’t understand why my mom is not worried. I don’t know maybe I’m wrong, I don’t have a baby but this seem so creepy to me, I don’t know if we should be worried but usually I know that babies (obviously) can see you and they’re looking at you. smiling, crying, playing or whatever but they are looking at you. my little brother isn’t, and I’m afraid for him.

Howchin

nooooo , I don’t think he’s blind don’t worry, the thing is that all babies are different and they develop differently that’s why you don’t have to worry about this, maybe you were too far away from him an that’s why he couldn’t make a eye contact, or maybe you moved too fast and it’s a little bit hard to little babies to make a good eye contact, I think that after some months you’ll see the difference, all babies are different that’s why they are so strange but don’t worry there are a lot of things that I can’t explain either and that seem to be creepy, but it’s like this. I think that your mom knows well everything if this is her third child. You can explain to your mom that you’re worried and to ask her to explain to you that everything is ok and why they are so strange when are so little and helpless, I understand what you’re talking about but I recommend you to relax. Besides, if your little brother has been to a doctor and he said that everything’s alright. then I guess that a doctor knows what he’s talking about.

beckzy

there is just one thing that could happen and this is the autism. This is the only disease that has this strange non eye contact. You can see without any problems that he is not blind if he look after something or if he observed something, a toy or something else, it’s enough to move your eyes after the thing to see if he sees something or not. Talking about the autism you can stay relaxed about this, usually the symptoms such as none eye contact show up after 18 months, he is just 3 months old and he just started to develop his coordination and instincts, it’s too early for him to make a good eye contact so you would understand that he’s looking at you. in fact, I doubt that a 3 month old baby knows that eye contacts are being made looking in “eyes”. Maybe he’s now more intrigued about your nose, ears, hair etc.. I would also recommend you to relax.

GirlWithRedEyes

Thank you a lot for your answers, it was really important for me to know that everything is okay, or at least to have somebody else saying that. I really love my brother and I would like to see him happy and healthy. I know how much my mom wanted him, it was too hard for her to have a baby at her 46 year but she is very brave and she did this. My mom always wanted a baby boy. My sister and I wanted to have a brother too and I think that there is no reason to explain why my father wanted to have a boy. Anyway we are happy and I’m glad that I found this forum and you guys who helped me so much, I think that I’ll update here if there would be some other news, I hope that soon I’ll start to play with him and he’ll start to look in my eyes, can’t wait. Thank you once again.