pull out method

ElbaSolo

Hey. I’m 24 years old female and my husband is 25. Not so long ago I have stopped all the birth control methods I was on during the last few years as we are ready to have a baby. We don’t really try to have one right now due to financial troubles but it wouldn’t be a problem finding out that I’m pregnant. I mean that we are ready but we’re not yet trying. We are having unprotected sex but now we are using pull out method. My last period started 16 days ago but usually I’m having pretty short cycles such as 25 to 27 days. I have calculated when I am ovulating and it showed me this week. During all those three days when I was ovulating we had sex, unprotected sex but with pull out method each time. I knew approximately when my ovulation was because I’ve tried an online ovulation calculator and it matched pretty well with my thoughts when my ovulation period was. Now I am wondering what are the chances that we conceived during those most fertile days of this month, considering the fact that he pulled out. I do understand perfectly that nobody knows if I’m pregnant, I also know that I should have a pregnancy test to find it out, but it is too early now. I just need to know the approximate chances. We both know that (my husband and I) that having unprotected sex it already means that there are some chances whatsoever so currently we are relying on our luck. Thanks and have a nice day.

Andoult

Hey there elba solo, I think that it all depends on how he used the pull out method, I mean how well he pulled out before he ejaculated. In case when he ejaculated a little bit inside of your vagina and the rest inside there is still a chance that you can become pregnant (I guess the chances depends on how much he ejaculated before he pulled out). But in the case when he was very sure that he finished everything outside of your vagina then it would be a some kind of a big surprise that you would become pregnant in this case. As I know, it is needed for at least 2 ml of semen which is about 10 ml of his healthy sperm for you to become pregnant. And there is no other way that sperm can get inside of you without ejaculation. With all this said, I would say that there’s only one risk from pulling out method of becoming pregnant, that is the fact that he didn’t pulled out in time. If he got very, or I would say too excited and ejaculated before he meant to do and he finished inside of you at least a little bit. I have heard stories when the guy knew for sure that he didn’t finished inside of her but she still got pregnant but I personally think that this is bull sht. That’s because he doesn’t want to recognize. Even if it’s true then the chances, I guess, are infinitely low. Almost none. Hope this helps, good luck and take care of yourself.

K Borella

Here’s another information I’ve heard that is different from the previous poster’s opinion. I’ve read somewhere that pre cum actually contains sperm and this is the main reason why the docs are telling that using the pull out method as a birth control isn’t a choice because even when he didn’t ejaculated inside the vagina, there are still chances of her becoming pregnant. The pre cum is a natural thing, uncontrollable, almost all men have this (in fact, those who don’t, something is wrong, I think) and they cannot even know what is happening. They might not ejaculate inside of her, but chances of becoming pregnant are still there. I’m not fully sure about this because I’m not a doctor, however, here is something that I do know for sure: entirely it is possible to get pregnant using pull out method, but there’s another reason: the sperm can be found from a previous ejaculation clung into the walls of the male’s urethra. This means that you can get pregnant even if he don’t ejaculate at all, but you had sex and he had the sperm into his penis walls. Anyway, even so the chances are very low, that’s because urinating between ejaculations is getting rid from the excess sperm found in the urethra. With all this, my opinion is that you might become pregnant even if he doesn’t ejaculate inside of your vagina while you’re using only pull out method as a birth control, but the chances aren’t big, whatsoever. I think that the best would be to talk to him and decide if you want a baby or not. Then it’s going to be easier, you’re going to know if you need to use a more serious birth control than pull out or if you don’t need none of them anymore. hopefully this will help.