Question about Expired Birth Control

Raceiziendas

Hey, can someone help me? I’m only 20 years old and I’m currently on birth control pills that I’m taking for about the last 2 years now. I never paid for any birth control because I have never been able due to low finances. Anyway, my medical insurance ended a little more than half a year ago so I cannot buy any birth control pills further. I was getting those pills from my gynecologist with about a year worth of free birth control pills. This was happening about a year ago, or a little less…  While I was having my medical insurance my doctor could gave me those pills as free sample but now… he can’t. however, those pills expired about 5 months ago so currently I’m on the last one right now. My question is: are they still effective? If yes, how effective they are considering the fact that they are expired? I’m having unprotected sex and since now I was protected, I didn’t got pregnant, but now I’m thinking that there are a chance that I may become. I’m not really against becoming pregnant, but I just don’t really know how ready I am for a baby.

More than this, I had an appendectomy around the age 12 and my appendix ruptured. I don’t know but I think that this thing might cause scaring to my reproductive organs and I consider that this might also affect my situation. In addition, I also had chlamydia when I was 18. Considering all the above I’ve mentioned, my biggest question is: (of course) approximately, what are the chances of me becoming pregnant soon if I continue having unprotected sex? Are the chances very big or very low? Or how?

Some other additional questions for you if you can help me: do you know a method of getting free birth control pills with a very very low income or there’s ain’t? With all the problems I had on my reproductive organs and with the expired birth control I’m taking are these two factors depending on each other?

Caitlyn8989

As I know, there’s always at least a little chance of becoming pregnant because it doesn’t take much to become. All you need is a little one sperm to get there where it needs to go and BOOM, you’re pregnant. I’m not a doctor and I do not know the chances of you getting pregnant after you had chlamydia and ruptured appendix but as I said, you don’t need really much to become pregnant. As for the expired birth control pills… I think that their effectiveness is getting less and less the older they are getting. That’s because there should be a reason why there is a date showing when they expire. They still might be effective and protecting you from becoming pregnant but I guess that the developers don’t guarantee you that. I know that in some states (maybe in all of them but I don’t know for sure) you can find planned parenthood where you can get some bc. I would suggest you to continue taking them but you really should use a backup protection (condoms) until you’re able to get some fresh bc pills. Also I would recommend you not to rely on your hopes that you might be sterile from previous operations. You might be, but you might not. My mother had hysterectomy but docs told her that she’s ready to conceive. I also had std (advanced stage) when I was 18 and I also can conceive. Try protecting yourself if you think that you’re not ready to have a baby