recurring and strange bump on my leg (itchy)

Docitis

Hi people, I am having an very strange and recurring condition so I need your help please. I am really interested if there is anybody else who is having a similar thing to mine or have ever had it and got rid of it. or maybe you know some more information about it and can help? I am having a small and itchy bump on the inside of my right calf that it is appearing then disappearing then re appearing occasionally. It appears and disappears completely random and unpredictably without me having any ideas of what made it appear or disappear. I have a feeling that it keep coming back and disappears without any specific reasons. Or who knows?

This is one more like isolated bump and it is looking very similar as well as feels very similar to regular mosquito bite, however, I’m pretty sure that it is not a regular mosquito bite as it is always appearing on the exact same spot on my calf, EXACTLY there and it can appear and disappear within a duration of minutes. All this thing is happening periodically and it has at least a couple of months in between each “happen”. I am having no ideas of what this could be and in the past I was not worried about it at all, however, when I started to notice how it appears and goes away like that I really started to be worried. There were people who have seen it and they also said that it is looking like a normal bug bite. It really does not seem to be a rash or an ingrown hair or anything like that. It does itch when appears but it is not that itchy to drive me crazy, it doesn’t bother me that much, however I am a bit worried because it is very and very strange. I guess that any of you would agree with me: if there would appear something on your body and you would have no ideas what’s that it would also scare you, no? if we don’t know something, it scares us, that’s our human nature. I do understand that it does not seem to be anything so “scary”, but I want you to think about it as something that happened to you and you will see – it is worrying. So, any thoughts, opinion and inputs would be greatly appreciated! Thank you a lot!

Fultank55

Not sure but it seems 2 me like me and you have the same issue. I started to notice that I am also having a bump on my leg. Also on my calf, on my left one. this bump is a bit bigger than the head of a pencil eraser or anywhere like that. it can be seen that it is raised up but it is flat on the top. Also is itchy but not a crazy itchiness. Exactly as a mosquito bite, it is getting worse if I scratch it, also as a mosquito bite, it is getting a little bit of redness when I am scratching it. also like you, this bump appears and goes away. Not sure if I have had it before that, but I started to notice that I have it only since I changed my job. I have a feeling that this is getting triggered by anything like stress or something like that. I also could not find anything what could be responsible for triggering it so after I thought a bit on what could this be only stress popped into my mind. Moreover, I have started to be much more stressed out since I changed my work. Not sure if this was simply coincidence.

Also I don’t think that this is an ingrown issue because it seems to me that anything that it is ingrown is showing up a bit different in my skin. Plus, it is not exactly the same as this specific bump. I am having a feeling that this is a form of a bug under my skin or something. It could be bacteria or viral or I don’t know the point is that I am afraid that there’s something under my skin so I thought about going to a doc and asking him about that. soon I will go.

LincolnCar

Oh yeah, I know what are you talking about because I have a similar thing on my body. I am having it for some years now on the top of my outer thigh and it seems that it simply won’t go away. Some time ago it just appeared one day and it was very itchy and the more I was scratching it (because as I mentioned, it was very itchy) it was only becoming bigger and bigger. And after that it only disappeared pretty quick I didn’t even noticed when it disappeared. Didn’t even thought about it when it appeared the first time. however, I started on being a little bit worried when it started to reappear now and then. I have told about this thing to my GP one time and he said that the next it is going to appear (I did not had it then) to run along to the surgery and show him, however, each time I was going to him after that it was not there anymore. occasionally it can get extremely big, I mean it is obviously bigger than a bug bite, it is looking like a weal or something that it is raised up and has a white to pink color. In case that’s an ingrown hair, the doctor is going to know about that and this can be pretty painful. The next time this is going to appear just give it a scratch and notice if it’s growing or not. if it’s so then go to your doctor and show him, in fact, don’t go, run to it because it is going to disappear. I have a feeling that this thing knows when I’m going to show it to my doc and it goes away. Like it’s being afraid of doc. I know this sounds stupid. Please, in case you would find out what’s that then let me know too because for me this is becoming the 8th wonder of the world without no answers. I also don’t know if I should be afraid of that or no. I have no ideas on what this could lead to. any input would be deeply appreciated!

Suffes

Hi people. I saw your posts and I got intrigued because I am having the exact same issue for about 10 years now or even more. it seems to be more like a spider bite rather than a mosquito bite right in the middle of my back. As yours, mine also comes and then goes away. The biggest period of time in between them was about 2 months or so. But never goes away for ever. always reappears back. There are other times when then the time period is only a few weeks or days apart. So many years passed but I still could not find an explanation on why they appear or disappear. But that’s not all, in all these 10 years I have got 3 more of these things and I have a feeling like they would keep appearing if I won’t do anything about that because the last one (which is the 4th already) appeared only a month ago. However, the first one that have appeared in the middle of my back is still coming back and disappearing again the most frequently. I have tried numerous of times in getting an answer on that (I have had time on doing that) but there’s still nothing that could explain this strange phenomenon.

What I am thinking about is that (note that this is only my guess) this is a very strange form of a viral infection or maybe a bacterial infection that simply is not showing up on the normal tests. Maybe it’s a viral or bacterial infection that have not been studied yet by the medicine. But despite all my trying to find out what’s this (asking doctors and doing lots of blood tests) never found an answer. In fact, I have donated blood lots of times in these 10 years (I guess more than 15-20 times) and there nothing has shown up. the last blood work I have had was only a couple of days after the last “bite” appeared and still nothing – all the docs tells me that I am fine. prior to give blood, I have told them about this. again – nothing.

Besides, it seems to me that I am suffering even more health issues with time. I know – I am aging, but i’m afraid that these bumps play a role here. I am having headaches nearly all the time, I have chronic fatigue (even though it is not an severe case), I have cranial pressure as well as depression and not so long ago I have started on to get some red and really tiny bumps under my both eyes after I have had a reaaaaaally bad night full of fatigue and headache that in the morning is leaving some very small and dried blood specs in the areas where those bumps were located. I have some other health issues too, you can check them among my posts if you’re interested or if you notice that there is something similar to what you have.

Of course I am not sure, but my best guess is it that this is something like Lyme (spirochete Borrelia) or perhaps a strain of Herpes Simplex, not sure. I am already very tired of it and I would surely like to know what is this and even more I would like to know on how to get rid of this annoying thing.

E Billson

I am currently having the exact same thing as the first few users said they have – an itchy bump that it is looking very similar to a mosquito bite and exactly as to your situation – it is appearing on the exact same place on my breast every single time. it is not moving anywhere else, it is sitting only there, it is not moving even one cm away from that place. Someone else said that they started to appear more of them. I don’t have anything like that. in fact, this thing appeared on me less than a year ago so I wasn’t that worried about this thing. I only saw this thread and I got interested. But after all your posts – to be honest, I am starting to be a little bit scared. I start thinking that it will never go away (especially cuz’ you said that you have them for 10 years, and cuz’ you said that they start appearing more and more of them). by the way, I start thinking that I might have something else because none of you mentioned this but my bump comes out only in the shower but yeah it is disappearing as quick as it is appearing. But what makes me think that we might have the same thing because there are some times when it won’t appear for a couple of weeks apart but there are other times as well when it can reappear again after several months. What I did mentioned that I have too is the stress. Somebody else mentioned that the stress could be the factor that “triggers” them. I agree because I tried to pay attention to the last time this have happened (it was only 4 days ago) and I remember that I was very stressed at that time (due to my work projects, marriage etc.). more stressed than usual. I have thought about going to an doctor but then later I realized that this is definitely not an option since this bump is disappearing even by the time I am getting dressed up for going to visit him.

So, having all of this said, I am now going to think that this is all due to stress right now, I am going to try to lower my stress level the best way I can and I’ll see how it goes. Other than stress I have no ideas on what this can be.