Sharp and severe pains in the anterior area of my elbow

slimmy65

So… here is what I am suffering from: right in the middle of the night or so I am suddenly developing an extremely acute and sharp pain on the anterior “point” or I don’t know how to better explain it on my elbow.

This is annoying and very strange. The pains are only occurring with pressure (even if a slight pressure too) to the exact area I am talking about, otherwise I am having no pains at all. also, have no range of movement pains. I mean, I can rotate it, wrist rotation while I am moving my elbow and everything is just fine with no pains at all. it kinda scares me. I am having it for a week now like that. since it all started it had no spread yet anywhere else, it didn’t got bigger or something like that, it is just there annoying me. and once again, it is requiring some pressure on that exact area in order to produce that extremely sharp and severe pain. Other than that it is fine, I have no soreness there or ache or something like that. no redness, no swollenness no anything like that.

Is there somebody who can have any ideas on what this could be? or even better if you could tell me something on some treatments?

Pantoja

I have been searching over the internet on the articles similar to your post trying to search for a solution or an explanation of what this pain is and what it is causing it. I have been trying to search for it about a month ago but I could not find anything that would be helpful. but now I saw your post and I understood that you have exactly what I have. the description you wrote about a sharp and acute pains in the point (in the ball) of the elbow is the exact same thing I am suffering from and don’t know what to do. tennis elbow, bursitis and so on does not really seem to fully describe what I am suffering from so…. Is there somebody who knows for sure what I am having and what it is exactly causing this pain? Have you found out? Is there somebody who knows something? It would be awesome!

Windsor

Yeah. I have the same thing and it is going on for about half a year now or even more. no, in fact, it’s even more because I started to have it the last winter which means that it is already nearly one year no. this thing is coming and then goes away but there are sometimes when it can go away for long enough for me to forget about it, however, it always seem to come back. I remember that the last winter when I was wearing a tight shirt or something or a jacket that was pressed down on my elbow, when I pulled taught I was getting that sudden and severe sharp pain in it. it was feeling like somebody stroke me with a needle or a small knife in that point that was going into my elbow . that pain could be there for a couple of minutes after that. I can’t locate on elbow to touch, however in case I am moving the elbow skin around or in case my shirt went against again in those mins then those horrible pains can return back and they would go away a few mins later. I haven’t found an explanation to all this yet. It also happens on me in my both elbows. That’s good that at least it goes away for a couple of weeks (or maybe even a full month) but then it returns with vengeance… this kind of sounds too “easy” or I don’t know how to explain, but while I was searching info about this I have read somewhere some info regarding “student elbow” which means when you are leaning on those points for way too long (I have finished my university only last year). I have got it while I was in the university and it is still there, not sure if there is something I should be afraid of but sure thing is that it is very annoying. Doctors are useless. They’ve done some tests and everything is fine. as the other user said, the pains are not appearing unless a pressure against the elbow is applied.

duganD

The issue with this acute pain in the tip of my elbow seem to me to be due to some nerve damage or something. I cannot find any other explanation to that. I also have this and it has all started when I have banged the tip of my elbow into a sharp corner. Haven’t this happened to you? if yeah then this is a very important thing to mention here. At least that’s how it all started for me and I’m pretty sure that this is from that. also, this is why I am so sure that this is due to nerve damage, when I hit myself there I damaged my nerves, I’m sure! I am suffering from this thing for more than a year now, but only not so long ago it all have started to get worse and worse and this started to scare me. Until the past week or so I have only felt these pains there when I was laying the tip of my elbow against something hard (like you said, student elbow), however, now I am having these pains when I am rubbing the tip of my elbow with my other hand and also occasionally, it can appear when I am bending my elbow pretty much. as it has been already stated here, I am not having any redness or inflammation or soreness or anything in this matter. All of this is pointing out a nerve damage condition. The thing is that I am not sure what I should do in order to make it stop. I have been thinking that with time these pains would come to an end but it seems that with time they are getting worse and this is not good. I would like to know if there is somebody who can help by saying if there is anything of what I can do in order to make these pains stop, to stop having this condition at all. or, if you know, at least a method that would lessen the frequency and the severity of the pains. With time it is getting much more worse and I’m afraid of what I would be suffering from in a year if I will let this condition untreated. Please!