steroids and pregnancy…

Silva

My  boyfriend and I we always wanted to have a baby, the only thing is that we have practice sport for many years and during these years we have used steroids. I’m very afraid because now that I would like to have a baby but I remembered that it’s not so good the thing that we used for a baby. I know that it’s too late to turn back and to change something but seriously I want to have a baby sooo much but I’m really afraid. I’m really afraid to tell this to my doctor because I’m afraid of what he would tell me and I don’t know what to do now. Can somebody give me some advices? Should I tell him? What can you recommend? Is there somebody who has used steroids and afterwards they have babies? Thank you very much.

Bedeencion1980

I have tried to find more info about steroids and what could it do for your baby, I didn’t found anything for the father, I mean if the father take steroids I think it doesn’t affect so much the baby as if you use steroids as a mother. I think that generally the first thing that you have to do is to talk to your doctor and you shouldn’t be afraid because he will be able to help am sure that you’re not the only one that have used steroids and he will give you the best thing you need.
if you what to find out my opinion I can say just one thing, the only thing that I consider that could help is the time. It depends how much time ago you have used steroids (I mean when you have stopped to use them) and how much time you’ve used it, I think that in order to avoid harming your baby’s health is to detox your own body, and that’s why you need time. I have heard  that some women that used steroids till the last day when they found out that they are pregnant have found out that there are some big problems for example with breastfeeding and others have damaged the immune system of their baby. I consider that if you just quit using it and you want to have a baby then the only thing is to detox your body firstly and after that to conceive. Ask your doctor what you can do for this and he will help, a doctor would try to help you, not to damage.

MBernic

actually steroids can affect both of you and before starting to detox your body as the second user said, you have to pass over some exams in order to find out if you are able to have a baby. First of all, steroids affect very much the women’s body, you may have observed that you started to develop a masculine body, that’s why in your body now there are more masculine hormones than feminine and this is very bad, because sometimes it damages your reproduction system and you can’t produce the right hormones in order to get pregnant. The same thing is in the male case, when they use steroids, yes they use it and it can high their  testosterone levels but can damage their sperm that’s why sometimes men that used steroids can’t have kids anymore. I don’t what to scare you because it’s depending from how much did you used ( time) and how many (quantity), I agree that you have to consult your doctor because I think that you don’t what to have a sick baby or to not have it at all. best advices would be given to you by a doctor and not by forum members.

Silva

yes, I think that I have observed some changes, when I first started to use steroids I have had some problems with my periods but I knew that this was because of the steroids, I was warned that something like this may happen. We started to use it 1 year ago and 3 weeks ago I decided to quit and we decided to have a baby. I’m so scared now; I think I will talk with my doctor and I really really hope that he will help.

FlyBird

hi OP, I’m not sure about you, I have never used steroids before but I can assure you that if your boyfriend have used it just for 1 year I think that everything it’s okay with his sperm. My boyfriend has used it for 5 years and I got pregnant. I never used during these 5 years any contraceptives and when we did it I thought that I was impossible to get pregnant because I was sure that my boyfriend’s sperm wasn’t okay. I was wrong, and now I have a beautiful healthy baby, I think that everything it’s okay with him. What about you, 1 year is not so much, but in your case it will be better really to consult a doctor and to find out everything you need. The detox method is very good. and in case you’re really in lack of female hormones as it was stated here then you might need your doctor to give you some.

samigget

I think that you’re wrong when you said that it haven’t affected her boyfriend or her, actually steroids affect differently every human being and if your boyfriend was okay and his sperm was okay it doesn’t mean that her boyfriend is okay too. I’m very happy for you and for your children but I recommend to examine both of them, this way you can be sure that everything is okay and that nothing happened. I agree that 1 year is not so much but you can’t even know what can happen, and it will be better to know the truth, it’s worth it when we talk about having a baby, it’s not a toy!