Strange brown discharge - any help?

Thave

Hello, I’m pretty confused and I am counting on your help people. I really would like to know what is going on with me and what caused it. I started looking up through the internet and it just confused me more. Well I had my menstrual period about 3 weeks ago, but yesterday my vagina started spotting an unusual dark brown discharge. It never was like that – thick and gross. First I thought that it’s going to be a little bleeding, I heard that a little is something normal, but it was more and more abundant until it was almost as when I have a normal menstrual period. That’s why I had to use a pad today. After I removed the pad, the blood was very strange, like it wasn’t blood but it didn’t fill the pad as usual, I never seen something similar. I tried to smell it and it was different from blood, I couldn’t remember smelling something like that. The symptoms I had reached on the internet are different to what I have – infections and lower cramps. I will visit a doctor these days if it won’t stop, anyway I’m a little scared because of it. Anyone else had something similar? Thank you.

NataMe

Hello, I'm having this dark brown discharge for already a year and I still don't know what is happening! I'm not trying to scare you, as you, I'm trying to get some answers so maybe you will be the one who will help me? So this dark discharge is occurring usually around the time I'm ovulating and in middle of my cycle. I cannot really say what is that but it is a truly mood killer in bed and sometimes it continues like that for more than one week! I'm now 33 and I'm very and very worried that it might be a symptom of infertility since I don't have kids yet. I wanna know really bad if there are cases when other women with the same symptoms went thru a successful pregnancy? I'm scared that I won't have any kids anymore... Obviously I've went to a public clinic but they doesn't really seem to want to help someone and they have done some tests which I'm not really trusting them. They said that everything is normal, but how can it be normal when nobody else has this (I'm talking about my friends). I went to that clinic few more times and the tests keep showing up that everything is ok so I gave up on trying to get a medical advice, that is how I got here. It's very hard to believe that everything is ok and to relax how the doctors told me. It's really frustrating, however I really hope that it doesn't lead to any serious problems.

Paphatterst

has anyone found an answer to what is happening with this strange brown discharge? i am having this problem for nearly 5 years but i still cannot find anything useful. i was a very long time on birth control pills and whenever i am talking to doctors about this they keep telling me that i need to change my birth control pills in order to balance my periods out and this is going to stop. i have changed various birth controls but the problem is still there. finally i decided to get off them and maybe everything is going to get back normal, it hasn't because i'm already a year off them and nothing changed. first few months i thought that i need some time to get back my normality until my periods are going to get used but now it's more than a year and as you can see i still have it. anyway the doctors are telling me that they can't find anything wrong with me but this problem keeps bothering me and i really doubt that everything is fine with me. this strange discharge is usually combined with my period and i have this dischage for 2 weeks in a month and this is really ruining my mood. now i'm afraid that it could be a sign of some health issues or a sign of me being infertile. i share the same fears and problems as everyone here so i hope somebody out there has found something that works and she or he will share it with the rest of us who is suffering from this.

GMiC

Thank you everyone for not letting me feeling so alone as I was before reading your posts, it's really much more comforting to know that I'm not the only person with this issue and I really appreciate it. All my 12 years since I'm having periods I have had normal menstruation and never had a problem with that, however, now I have just started to experience the exact same things as described in this topic and this concerns me a little bit. I also was on a birth control but it was long time ago and I was on it only 2 or 3 months. I don't really know what I have started it but later I decided that it could give me some complications so I went off it. Should I think that I have it due to the birth control on which I was some time ago? Or it's something normal that every woman will pass through this period of time?

My mother passed away few years ago and my friends don't know what that is so I guess I don't have another option than going to a doctor? I guess I will go and visit one these days but I'm afraid that I would get the same answers as everyone here for nothing good. I hope that at least somebody of us will understand what is going on and what that is and obviously will post it here. I need some information to ease my mind. If my doctor will be for any help I will let you know.