Strange swooshing sound:(

DirtyDiana

Hi, my problem started about a month ago when suddenly I started getting a strange swooshing sound behind my right ear. I don't know what caused it but I don't really want to know the answers, I just badly want to make it stop! I've visited my family doctor few times who did nothing! He made a bunch of tests which doesn't help him understan what's wrong with my ear and he gave me some prescriptions of some drugs. I have taken all he gave me: some ear drops and lotions, nothing seems to work and actually just getting worse and worse! I'm thinking going to another doctor but I don't know to which one and who can help me. This sound goes away but it comes right back when I yawn or when I burp, some other doctors don't believe me when I say them this. This is making me crazy! I'm really frustrated because doctors don't know what this is, who esle should know? To whom I need to talk to? Maybe something is wrong with my head? I don't know anything about it but I WANT TO ESCAPE from it! Please someone help me in finding some answers, I will appreciate

Onger2014

Something similar started to happen to me yesterday and I don't know what causes it. I never had this and I've never read or heard about something like this. Now I'm trying to do a research on it to find out what's wrong with me. It didn't stop since yesterday and it's rather strange beucase I cannot remember to happen something unusual that could be related to my problem. It feels very good knowing that I'm not alone with this, but I would like to know what caused it. If nothing will be found and the sound is going to continue like that I'm going to visit a doctor too in hope to find something. 

Examed

Recently, for about two weeks I've got this problem myself in the right ear too. I went to my doctor who gave me nasal sprays and then put me on amoxicilinbut as you can see nothing worked and I still this problem. I have no pain because of it but it's affecting my hearing badly as well as driving me nuts! I have done carotid atery ultrasound but the results came out normally. Being desperate I've also done blood tests but they also didn't show anything useful! Now I'm thinking that it might be related to some allergy or maybe some sinus problem, but these are just my theories. This sound is most heard and felt when I lay down. I can't understand how to escape from it either and it's quite hard dealing with it especially when it comes to relax because as I said it's getting worse when I try to lay down when I'm tired. Also I noticed that it's getting worse lately. It truly sucks having this! Someone please help, if you have any idea I'm going to be really thankful! How much is this going to continue like that?

Scouned

I'm having this too, the exact same problem and I've had it for a long time now but it has seemed to be getting worse lately that is why I'm a little worried right know that I could "lose" the ability to hear something soon. It occurs mostly at night through or whenever I bend over etc and mostly in my right ear. When I turn around I can hear this strange swooshing sound. It sounds like I have some sand or air in my ear, really strange and hard to explain. Sometimes I think that I have water in my ear which is responsible for this.

Besides this I don't ever recall to have some ear problems. I try to shake my head in order to get rid of it. Even though there is no pain accompanied with this sound it is affecting my hearing quite badly. I'm fighting with this problem since first weeks I have noticed it but still without luck. I have been to doctors who made tests on me and nothing came back. They gave me different medications and even nasal sprays but nothing seems to work on me.

Please someone help me with this problem of mine because I can't stand it anymore, it is affecting my entire life lately because I can't think about anything else but this. I really hope that someone is going to help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claidecon

Thank everyone for your postings! It really helped me! Thank you all for this because I was already thinking that I'm going crazy because of this sound! I'm really scared right now because I see that there's nothing what I can do to get rid of it! I'm up to do anything just to make it stop! Really, please just tell me what I need to do! Please! I'm experiencing this sound for half a year now and I have been to 3 different doctors and I have been on 4 different antibiotics but absolutely nothing works! I was told that I need to see an ent doctor but after reading your posts I see that my chances of finding out something are very low and this is driving me crazy! Knowing that there is no solution is a torture! I'm also suffering from anxiety and I see that doctor like to blame everything on it! Whenever I'm having a health problem they tell me that it is due to anxiety! I hate it! I'm on pills that counteract the anxiety symptoms for a long time now but the sound is still there so I really really doubt that it has something to do with anxiety. Morever none of previous posters metioned something about anxiety so I think it's logical that they are not related. I'm scared, frustrated and really nervous because of this lately! The swooshing goes from one ear to another really fast when I turn my head or bend over and I can't stand it anymore! I'm not living the same life as before this problem anymore! Any hint is going to be appreciated!

Ardsomal

Whoa, I never thought that this is such a common issue for so many people, I thought that if I’m not alone with this problem there are very few people bcuz I never heard anyone else complaining about it. I’m 33 years old male and I remember that I already had this problem when I was in high school, I would get this swooshing sound quite frequent but I was never actually paying much attention to it and it went away without me trying to do anything about it. However, now, for about one year or so it came back and for this time it is kind of disturbing. It’s not always happening, I noticed that it can appear whenever I am on the couch and when I turn my head in a certain position it happens and if turn my head back to the previous position it goes away and if I turn my head back to the second position it starts again. It has something to do with the way my head stays. This swooshing noise it’s really strange, it goes on and off exactly like a heart beat in my right ear and what disturbs me the most it that it always comes at night. It bothers me when I’m lying on the bed and it is actually so loud that it blocks my hearing in my right ear and I can’t hear anything with it. Lately I’ve noticed that it comes and goes for no reason, I can have it for a while and then it disappears but it comes right back for a bit and then disappears again. Lately it hasn’t happened but I’m sure that it will start again soon so that’s why I want to do something now until it’s not too late.

When I’ve told my doc about this issue he looked in my ear, said that there is no fluid, and only gave me a nasal spray. I already knew that chances of it to work where small and even so I’ve tried it. For no avail. In few days I’ll go to an ent to get it checked but I doubt it will help me. Some1 here can suggest me something?