tramadol makes you lose weight?

Bried

I have a question about Tramadol. I would like to know if here I can find somebody that experienced a major weight loss thanks to this drug. I have started to use it some weeks ago and I use it 3 4 times during the week as you know that it can cause nausea and it is an appetite suppressant. It helped me to lose some weight but I still can’t understand what dosage to use use. There are some days when it doesn’t work even if I use it and there are some days when I can’t eat anything because all the day a feel this nausea coming. I would like to know how to administrate it and how do you plan your meals during the day.

Bedeencion1980

I was just interested what it tramadol because you asked about it and I was really interested to read something about it. I googled it and I found some very interesting things that I think you should know and I still can’t believe that you didn’t heard about it. The first thing that I found is that it doesn’t cause weight loss, the only thing that can affect the weight loss is the nausea that cause thing drug. I think that this is why you can’t lose weight normally and I think that’s why there are some days when you feel the nausea and some not. There is another thing that I have found there and I think its important is that it can cause weight gain! So I truly believe that this drug can affect some hormones and cause the weight gain. This is the thing that made me understand that it’s a totally freak thing to use this drug for weight loss. Generally I believe in a healthy life style, and I consider that this is the only method that can make you feel good and look good. Trust me you should read more information about this drug before starting to use it and it will be better to talk with a doctor about this.

Bried

I have talked with my doctor and that’s why I’m here, and that’s why I use this drug. I have to take it judging by my condition, and in a short period of time it cause weight loss. The thing is that I know that eating healthy is the most appropriate thing to do, but not in my case and not with the pounds that I have on. I don’t like to talk about this, but eating healthy, is not the thing that is going to help me. That’s why I should use it before starting to eat healthy. There are many things to explain and I don’t have so many times for this. I would like to have the answer to the question I have asked, because I would like to know how to use it in the correct way, so if there is anybody else who would like to criticize me without knowing all the facts please just leave this place. I need just an answer and not so useless advices that I already know. Thank you!

Lisssa

Ok, yes that’s true about tramadol but actually it should make people lose weight, I have used it some time ago, I guess because of the same problems as your, as much as I understood from your second post and I practically forced myself to eat, because I never wanted to eat. (For your information- this is something normal for this type of drug and this is something that it should provoke). If you are interested about the time, I usually used it during the evening, it was really better to support the effects and at least I could eat a little amount of food. The meal plan during the day was quite easy, healthy food 3 times a day, especially in the morning; I wanted to get used with the breakfast, because I never wanted to have a breakfast in my entire life. I think that generally you are going to understand it better after some time. P.s: be careful with the dosage you use! That’s very important!

Olcou1960

There are many other ways to lose weight without harming yourself and without becoming addictive to such drugs. I have never heard before to use this drug as a weight loss drug. Is so addictive and even if you use it just for a short time it can become addictive very soon. I really think that you have to choose another method and if you consider that drugs is the only method that will help you to start losing weight that it will be better to switch to phentermine of clenbuterol they are much effective and easy to use, they don’t require a high dosage and you’ll see your results very soon.

nichola

I have used this drug as a pain killer and my dosage was 50-200mg a day. I have gained weight during one month. In fact after a couple of time I became addictive to this drug and at the end of the day when the drug became ineffective to me I was very hungry and nothing helped me. The thing is that that probably this provoked me to gain weight as quick, mostly because during the day I couldn’t eat anything and at the night I just started to need some sugar or some food that contains a lot of fat.

I really don’t know what to say, it seems strange to me too that your doctor prescribed you this drug to lose weight, mostly because in fact there a lot of other drugs that are responsible for losing weight without damaging other parts of your body. Pay attention. Better to talk to your doctor again, maybe he will be able to recommend you something else. You don’t have to be angry at other users, mostly because some of them have passed through the same thing as you passed and they can recommend you something else. Secondly here you have the chance to find some other people that have used some other drugs that are more effective than this one, and the last is that at least you’ll find some other information for yourself. Nobody asks you to take in consideration all the advices that you’ll find here, but you can take in consideration some of them, to inform yourself, and at the end to make a right decision. This is my opinion, mostly because if I was you I would like to find the best method to lose weight without harming my health, and another point is that if I was you I would be very sad if I find out that there are another methods that are much better than the one that I have chosen. Don’t forget about saving money, besides the healthy tips, you’ll spend less money for many other ineffective drugs.

Good luck!

Bried

The thing is that I decided to write here because I wanted a specific answer at a specific question nothing else. Nobody told that I’m here without knowing other types of drugs or knowing the side effects that I can get from this drug. I have been searching for the alternative method for the drug I use now, and I planned very well my losing weight routine. I have discussed with my doctor all the drugs, and all the things concerning my problem, and this one is supposed to be the one for me. Of course there is a risk, and don’t deny that it can harm me somehow, or that I can gain weight or that I can become addictive. It’s true! It can happen, but judging by all the controls tests, and other tips that I have passed during one year in the hospital with my doctor, and if at the end he decided to prescribe me this drug, I trust him! I really hope that none of the bad things that you describe here will happen to me, and I’m sorry if I was rude, I didn’t mean it. Thank you all for you advices, but the only thing that I wanted to know is about the dosage nothing else, and really think that if a person is going to need an advice concerning to what kind of drug to use to lose weight he will formulate his question otherwise.

veroseet2

hi everyone, if you are following a treatment with tramadol it's ok but, don't take these pills without the doctor's recommendation because you may experience severe side effects. To lose weight tramadol may help some but for others may get opposite effects such as gaining weight. I think you should consult doctors for more tests and they will prescribe you drugs and dosages that are right for you. Good luck !!