Viral meningitis…

Angelo

Hello everyone, I have a problem and I really need your help. I don’t know how to deal with it and what to do to treat it. speaking honestly with you, some weeks ago I have been diagnosed with Viral Meningitis and immediately from the first day that I have found about this I started to cure my problem, at least trying to do so. Everything seemed to be okay and seemed to pass very well and I was happy thinking that soon everything is going to be only memories. After 2 weeks my doctor and I notice that my disease started to pass away and I started to feel much better. I didn’t expect that my disease will pass away so soon that’s why I decided to continue a little bit my drug administration.

Since the last day that I administrated my medicine passed 2 weeks and today I decided to ask here some things in order to confirm my situation. 3 weeks after I have been discharged I started to feel a little bit strange. The first symptoms were those that were linked with absence of concentration and attention, after some days I started to feel the second symptom that was the short term memory lapses, usually my sister ask me some questions and I don’t know the answer, all the time she assures me that all the time that she tell me something or she asks me something to do, I am forgetting to do this or that and more of that I did not remember when she told me about this and if it really happened, even though, as I said, she assures me she did. The first time that this happened, my sister and I quarreled, because I really was sure that she never have told me anything and that she just imagined that she have discussed to me.

After other 3-5 times when this happened again and again, and after I noticed that this happened to me even with some other people I started to understand that this is because of me and that it is my faul. I’m still not sure whther this is linked with the Viral meningitis or no, and maybe this is something else, so I would like to find out and to be sure about my situation. If this is not connected with my ex problem then I would like to know what you think it could be. I’m a little bit scared not to have some initial stages of those diseases like Alzheimer or something like this.  If there is somebody that can help me please do this. I’m waiting for your answer! Thanks a lot!

Duryeal

Hi there, I am nearly sure that you can stay relaxed, these are the side effects of that disease. I have had this meningitis for 3 weeks and after I started to recover I thought that everything will be okay too, as you did and I thought that this is the end. Actually after approximately 10 days I have had my first symptom such as ringing in my ears and in my head. Do you have ever experienced this? And I can assure you that the short term memory loss is the same thing that I have experienced approximately for 1 month. I got scared so I went to my doctor who explained that even if after the general sensation that the disease passed away, it persists and doesn’t matter if you actually are totally recovered. As I remember he told that this is “a normal thing that usually happens and that soon it will pass away”. Of course he recommended taking the medicines for the next 2 week but he told me that soon everything will be okay. And it was exactly as he said. So please clam down and don’t worry about this. Everything will be alright.

Angelo

Hey thanks for your answer, I really appreciate.

First of all yes, I have experienced some of those things that you described, I mean the symptom that is linked with the ringing ears. Anyway I would like to thank you because after your post I started to feel more relaxed and confident that I would be fine and now the only thing that I can do is to wait until this will come to an end. If you are going to have some news about your situation I’m always ready to talk with you! and I wanted to ask you once again, the memory loss disappears after approximately one month yeah? Have a nice day!

drann

Oh my God, guys I have had the same thing and I remember how embarrassed I was when I have had those memory collapses. This is a really strange thing, I couldn’t remember some names and some strange situations that some hours ago happened to me, and there were those days when during the night I couldn’t sleep because I was trying to remember what I have done during this entire day, the feeling is like this day is missing from your life and you feel so low. I was staying up all night being unable to remember what I have done for an entire day. I really was thinking that I’m developing alzheirmer’s disease. That’s really awful. Talking about the entire situation, you can stay relaxed OP because the other user is really very informed about the situation, and I have passed through this too. I wish you the same thing and I’m nearly sure that everything is going to be fine.

blackmood

Pretty interesting situation. I have had this disease just for 2 weeks and it passed away without complications. Now, that you talk about some symptoms I really started to think that maybe you have to do something for this in order to be sure that everything is fine. I think that you have to administrate something… and I speak about you Angelo, the other users seemed to be okay by now and you not. I think that it could be individual for everybody, that’s why if somebody have experienced the same thing it doesn’t mean that this will pass away in the same way. Hope you that you will get better soon but I think that you should try to do something and check if everything is fine.

Angelo

Hello  there, maybe you’re right about this but that’s why I’m here to find out more information and to decide what to do. I’m really happy that I can find out more information and that I can decide by myself what to do at the end. Thank you for your advice, I think that after all these answers I am going to try to ask my doctor again and to tell him that there are some people that didn’t had this thing. Thanks for your best wishes.