what is the lump on the back of the head???

whoorang

Hi, my problem is a lump I am having on the back of my head.

I noticed it a couple of days ago, maybe a week and it is located on the left side on the bottom of the bone of my skull and it doesn’t seem to go away but while time passes it seems that it is getting more and more painful to touch because when I first noticed it, the lump was hurting me when I was touching it but now it hurts me even more.

Moreover I am getting dizzy now because of the lump when I push on it. It is going to be great if someone on this forum ever had something like this and could help me with some information he or she has. The next day after I noticed it obviously I went to the doctor to ask him. He said that the lump is probably a bone spur caused by my frequent migraines I am getting in the back of my head but he cannot say that for sure.

Moreover he said that I am having vertigo. Well this vertigo isn’t worrying me that much as the lump concern me. If the lump is going to grow even more I don’t know what I will do about it; and he hurts me more and more.

I won’t leave it in this way because I’m almost sure it will lead to some other health issues plus I can’t touch it. If I have some updates I will let you know

MorgoP

Hi, unfortunately I have the exact same problem and it worries me too. I have a lump on my bottom left side on back of the head and I have noticed it after I've been experiencing headaches and migraines. This is strange and too much of coincidence that we had the same thing before this appeared. It really feels like I'm having a bone there but what concernes me the most is that it is very and very painful to touch! I guess I won't be that worried if I got hit there before its apparition. I start having thoughts that it could be cancers and this thought is terrifing me but there also could be due to a lot of nerves and blood vessels in the head. I'm staying tired and I can't keep with my daily business anymore. I went to the doctor be he said that he is not sure what to tell me and said I should go to visit a neurological doctor. Now I'm not sure what should I do. Anyone has some thoughts or ideas about this? I'm begging you to give some answers as soon as possible because I'm desperate now!

0Ofuee

The same problem for me too: a lump on my right lower side on back of the head, very scared! I don' really know what is that but about a year ago I have had a surgery to remove it but now it seems that it has grown back again so I'm wondering whether it is going to appear again if I will have another surgery.

The last time when I was at my doctor with this problem he said that it can be a matter of lots of blood vessels and nerves in the head so it should be removed right away. As soon as you notice it you should go to emergency room and seek help because this is putting your life in danger. Let a neurologist see you. I hope this info is going to help someone, good luck!