wound that won't cure!

Meeson

I have had some problems with my skin these weeks and I’m trying to understand what is going on with me. First of all I have had 3 little cuts on my hand because of an accident and after this I observed that these 3 cuts won’t heal which obviously isn’t normal. There was quite no bleeding at all and the thing is that generally there is nothing serious at all. When I have had it I thought that I’ll be okay in some days and I was sure that after one week my skin will regenerate, in fact I didn’t even thought about it because it seemed obvious. Talking seriously I have had problems with this for approximately 2 months. I have tried to do a lot of things, because some of my relatives asked me many times if I disinfected my wound or not. My mom was sure that my wound couldn’t cure because of some infection. I really don’t think so because since the first day I have done a lot of things for this. I have used peroxide and some alcohol to disinfect twice a day and sometimes 3 times per day. The thing Is that every time I was sure that my wound is healing, something happens and I feel some pain again and I see that the wound space is opened again, like I just got that wound some minutes ago, looking like a fresh new wound. I can’t explain this thing and I know that there are some cells or hormones that are created in order to heal the wounds and I think that there is something wrong with my skin that makes it heal so hard. Now the situation it’s a little bit better and it looks like it’s healing, but I think that I’ll have a scar and I’m very disappointed and I would like to know if there is somebody that have had the same thing. What should I do the next time when I’ll have a new wound and how to make it heal better and quicker? I’m so scared to have another one… and I really don’t want to have more scars, please help.

Anne K.

have you thought about the fact that there are other things that can provoke this long time healing. First of all you said that usually you used to disinfect it at least 2 times per day, but you have to remember that you use some things that are not good to be used in high quantities. Honestly I think that this is because you have used too much alcohol and peroxide, your wound couldn’t generate a new skin because you have soften your skin all the time over and over again. I know that you wanted to do the best for your skin but it’s really a bad idea to use it so many times. Sometimes just washing it during the shower time is enough and natural for it. Remember that your skin has a precise PH and you have to respect it if you want to have a healthy skin. The wound part have to dry in order to start the regeneration, if you would put a lot of peroxide or alcohol all day it will always be soften. Leave it alone, and remember that the next time it will be better to use the peroxide just at the beginning, just once to disinfect it from all the negative factors. After this leave it to heal and to disinfect itself. And exactly this may be the reason why scars have appeared from little cuts. You’ve put too much alcohol and/or peroxide and your skin burned. There are chemicals that our skin doesn’t like so if you applied too much of them, it barely could heal itself and then scar appeared. These things are made only to burn the bad things on your wound, that’s why applied too much it is detrimental.

Auntudgeou

you were playing with your wound too much, of course it can’t heal anymore. When you have a wound and when you manipulate it you start to observe that it’s always soft and every time you touch it harder, you can make an even more profound wound. Let the wound strengthen and to create the “peel”. Wash it normally and let it dry, don’t torture your skin too much.

Laurapaul

hello, I understand you. My mother complains about this thing all the time. She has a lot of scars every where and all the time she has a new wound she knows very well that she is going to have some problems with it. We have tried everything, even things that our doctor prescribed us and nothing helped, it’s like it don’t heal correctly, like something is missing in her skin that has to help it to heal. All the wounds that she has, have had some strange liquids and clear fluids out of it and all the time she touch it she creates a new wound and she have to start all over again. When the wound start to create the peel, it’s so thin and soft that it’s enough to touch it just once to open the wound again. At the moment she has 3 opened wounds, my mom is always working in garden and it’s okay to have a lot of wounds for her, the only thing is that we don’t know what to do with it and how to cure it. it became a real problem for my mother and we honestly thought that a doctor would help. when we’ve tried everything and nothing worked then we started to be worried…

Meeson

thanks for information, I’ll try to leave it alone, maybe you are right. I have thought about what you wrote here and I remembered that my skin was always okay and that I have never had some problems with it before, I think that everything started when I started to use peroxide, and lately I think that my skin don’t tolerate it. I’ll stop using it and I’ll start to use just water when I’m going to shower.
Talking about your mom, I don’t have it so drastically bad, it’s similar to your mom’s situation but I think that my problem is because I’m trying to cure it too much. I think that there is something wrong with her skin and maybe she doesn’t have enough vitamins and minerals that help our skin to regenerate. I recommend her to do a blood test to see the results, sometimes it can save and hope that soon you’ll find your answers. I surely would do the same thing if next time something similar is happening to me.

Laurapaul

I’ll try to ask our doctor to do a blood test for her, and trust me I would like to find the answer very soon, she’s been complaining about this for a long time now and I see that it hurts.

Working in garden is all that she need and there are some days when she can’t do the thing that she loves because of these 3 wounds. Maybe you are right the situation is not like yours, she didn’t tried to cure it very much, but anyway I’ll try to tell her to leave it for some weeks without any of the stuff that she used, maybe just washing it will be better. Thank you for your answer.