xiphoid, help

Traccept

I am having this problem. That region where is my xiphoid process has seemed much more swollen than it should be normal and it is very and very painful when I or someone else is touching it. I’m suffering from this unusual issue for about three months now and I badly want to get a cure for it. From that one painful spot this pain is going to my back and through my arms and I barely can stand it. I don’t know if this may be true but I notice that when it initially hits I have symptoms similar to that of a heart attack, but please, if I’m wrong let me know about it. I had no other option but seeing a doctor so I have done it. I had a CT scan but it showed nothing as well multiple blood tests, EKG and others, they all were normal. I got myself checked for ulcers and the results came back fine. After an ultra sound done on my gallbladder the doctors could say that it wasn’t working as it should because it was pretty bad inflamed so they said I need to get it out. Also they affirmed that this was the source of my xiphoid process. I had it removed but the problem, however, didn’t disappear BUT the pain from it is a little lowered. I would like to know if someone has any idea as to what it may be? Or I may be so lucky and find someone who had this before and he or she could give me some advices?

Uppossomm

I am dealing with the same issue, I mean xiphoid process, for a little more than 9 months or so. After some months of searching and gaining at least some knowledge about this issue I have finally found a surgeon who said that he is going to remove this xiphoid tip as he feels that it is damaged and it could broke. I know what you are feeling because the xiphoid seems to be the last thing most doctors suspect so it's hard to deal with it. My surgery is going to be in few weeks so if I won't forget I will post the results here and you may know what is going on after the surgery. Maybe I could help you with some suggestion or I don't know. For you to know: I really have the same thing so probably you're going to have the same results as I have. Well these symptoms are pulsating all over my body, the xiphoid is "activated" when I push or rub it. I am having some strange numbness in my back, in my hands and so on. It is scary and strange. I'm tired of feeling so, of having pains and headaches because of it therefore I decided I need to have this surgery and hope it is going to help me out. I really hope this surgery is going to help everyone who is struggling with this issue because I went to the hospital several times and was treated for everything and nothing helps... It truly sucks.

Viner

Hey you 2, did someone found an answer until now? I'm suffering from the same xiphoid process for about a year and I'm enough with this pain! I'm having severe pains every day and there seems that is nothing I can do to make it stop. I already got to that point where I can do anything just to find a relief to make it disappear. My sister is also helping me with dealing with this and to find something that can help me out but none of us can find something. I have been to numerous doctors in my town but none of them can help, this is crazy! I could not find absolutely no one who knows how to get this problem fixed! Can you imagine? Did someone of you have a surgery done or something? I'm asking this because I think this is what I need. I'm thinking about this because I was at my primary care doctor, I've visited an ER doctor few times, I have done a lot of tests including EKG, blood test, ultra sound, CT scan and they could not find anything. They have misdiagnosed me with heart burn then with heart attack and after that they finally got the xiphoid diagnose for me. The doctor told me that I should have some injections, I had them and I still live with the same severe pains. I can't really understand why they never gave me some pain killers even though I have told them numerous times that I'm suffering from them. So? What do you have for me? Did you have any surgery to have it removed? After everything I have been through in my opinion this is my only option to find a remedy for my pains. I'm really up to do anything right now because I'm desperate so please, give me any information you got that may be helpful! Thank you a lot!

Bannerman

Hi, everyone is ok? I had this surgery 3 days ago and thank God I'm doing better now. I feel better and I know that I've made the right decision. The surgery took more than 2 hours and now I have a 3 inch incision somewhere in the middle of my stomach but other than that everything seems fine. A little bit of sore feeling is everything that is disturbing me but I'm recovering with each day better and overall I'm feeling better than before the surgery. Right after the surgery the doc said that I should take Vicodin, 1 shot every 4 hours that means a total of 4 per day. He also said that if I wouldn't remove it, this problem would follow me for years but now I'm good. I recommend to do this surgery if you're diagnosed and be sure that everything will be ok. The real example is me who is doing fine now. I bet you would do everything just to feel back to normal so I've decided to help those who have the same problem as I did. Later I will post more information but until then I hope you all will be doing fine.